Follow Michelle0529 on Twitter

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Final Reflection: Integrating Technology Across the Content Areas

As my 8th course at Walden comes to a close, I will take some time to reflect on my learning. This class, along with my classmates, has taught me how to appropriately and effectively integrate technology into the areas I teach.

Learning the GAME plan has been beneficial for me because it gave me a way to organize my goals and constantly evaluate the progress of them. This simple system for managing goals can be used by anyone and would be good to pass on to students. By using the GAME plan in this course, I learned how to connect with teachers in different countries and about different assessment strategies using technology. Having the GAME plan and this blog to record in, gave me the motivation to reach out and accomplish my goals. Having learned these new things with my first experience of using the GAME plan, it will definitely have a positive impact on my instructional practice. Now that I learned new ways to connect with other teachers, I will always have access to sharing information with them and learning from them. Learning about assessments has given me more options for assessing my students and their differentiated needs.

Adjustments I would make to my instructional practice regarding technology in the content areas would be to try and best match up technology with the purpose of my lessons and to provide as many options to students as possible for creating final products of their work. I think it's important to use technology appropriately and it is the teacher's responsibility to make effective decisions when deciding what type of technology to incorporate into lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment